Enjoy outdoor activities during your stay at Lodge on Loch Lomond
The Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel is perfectly situated for a range of outdoor activities and water sports and there are many partners located on Loch Lomond close to the hotel. Our very own jetty provides direct access to the loch where we can arrange a luxury cruise with our partner Beau Jangles, or why not visit Loch Lomond Leisure based in Luss who have been operating since 2001. Loch Lomond Leisure can offer a range of watersports activities. If you wish to venture further around the loch there is the Cruise Loch Lomond Waterbus which allows you to hop on and hop off and explore between Luss, Rowardennan, Inversnaid and Tarbet.
A new experience from the Lodge is provided by Caledonia Dreaming which offers adventures in photo kayaking, escape and explore Loch Lomond in the comfort of their pedal drive kayaks. You will be able to carry your camera equipment allowing you to take photographs of the stunning landscapes as you move with little effort across the water. The near silent pedal drive will give you the chance to get close to wildlife, both on land and water.
Maybe a more leisurely Guided Walk of Luss might be more your thing - "Luss Guided Walks" - nestling on the South West side of Loch Lomond the village of Luss is one of the most attractive focal points in the area. Its quaint and quiet appearance belies a long and colourful history, which harbours numerous tales of murder, battles, enterprise and high endeavour. The stories involve such well known characters as Kessog, Bruce, Cromwell and Wade; the viking Ivor the Boneless and Rob Roy MacGregor. The area also has a notable military and industrial past which the walks can help discover. Going at your own pace, the professionally guided walks will be sure to engage you and intrigue you with the magic of this well loved Village and Loch Lomond. Contact Archie Waters to book - for one person - £40; for a couple - £20 per head; for three £20 per head; for four £15 per head and for any group of five and over £10 per head.
There are lots of golfing opportunities around the Loch Lomond area and only a short 5 minute drive from the hotel you will find The Carrick which enjoys stunning scenery, fabulous greens and challenging bunkers.
We work with a wealth of local companies and partners who can help make your stay at the Lodge that little bit more energizing – book in advance or ask at reception whilst staying with us.
- Beau Jangles
- Loch Lomond Golf Club
- Loch Lomond Leisure
- Loch Lomond Seaplanes
- Cruise Loch Lomond - for the timetable - Click Here
- Loch Lomond Sealife
- In Your Element
- An adrenalin fuelled experience like River Sledging is now available in Luss, negotiate your way down strong currents and rapids or perhaps Gorge Scrambling or Canyoning - In Your Element are the experts in these activities.
- Cycle Luss
- Electric Bike Hire makes things super easy for exploring around the loch side or beyond, you can travel at an average of 20mph without significant effort! There are amazing cycling routes on our doorstep.
- Loch Lomond offers anglers a wide choice of fishing from salmon to sea trout in the southern areas of the loch and brown trout, pike, perch, roach, chub and dace spread throughout the loch. We’ve partnered with John Bell, The Lomond Angler a very experienced guide who can offer a great days fishing on Loch Lomond. John can provide personalised guided fishing trips and all the equipment you need including a boat for up to 2 people and permits, and is currently undertaking the Scottish Game Angling Instructors Course (S.G.A.I.C) to become a fly fishing instructor. In addition, he works closely with the Riverfly Partnership Initiative and SEPA collecting river samples, monitoring and collecting data on entomology. Costs for the 2017 season are £30 per hour. A permit cost £25.00 per day per person, for adults and £4.00 for children. For further information call John on 01389 499007 or 07887746732 or email : email@example.com
- 4x4 Adventures Scotland - 4x4 Adventures ScotlandAmazing Days Scotland has been creating corporate events, team building events and experiences for corporate groups visiting Scotland since 2006. In 2016 they secured access to wonderful tracks on the hills near Luss to create bespoke 4x4 Adventures for our corporate groups. The feedback has consistently been tremendous so we simply had to offer the experience to private guests - in 2018 4x4 Adventures Scotland was born! 4x4 Adventures Scotland are fully acredited by the Brittish Off Road Driving Association (BORDA), they carry £5M public liability insurance and our fantastic team of kilted 4x4 Adventure Guides undergo rigerous training.They have kept it really simple, with each experience being 3hrs. For a Guided 4x4 Adventure our kilted Adventure Guide does the driving and can take up to 6 passengers. For Off Road Driving we take a maximum of 4 guests per vehicle and it's up to you how much of the driving each person does.
Loch Lomond Map